Just days after accepting the award as Grenada’s Leading Resort for the sixth year running, Sandals Grenada General Manager Peter Fraser was full of praise for the staff of the resort, who he declared as the main reason behind the resort’s continued success at the World Travel Awards.
Speaking during Sandals Grenada’s Annual Prestige Awards, Fraser could not contain his pride, “I attended the World Travel Awards where I accepted an award on behalf of you. You are the reason our guests return, you are the reason we receive rave reviews, and you are the reason the World Travel Awards selected us as the Top All-Inclusive Resort in the World for 2019 and again as Grenada’s Leading Resort for the last five years and for 2020.”
The Annual Prestige Awards, which was held at the Trade Center, rewards the outstanding employees of the past year, and ultimately identifies a Diamond Team Member, who then gets to represent Grenada at the Sandals Resorts International’s Ultimate Awards show where they will vie against other Diamond Team Members to be named the best of the best.
This year’s awards were held under the theme, “Welcome to the Pride lands…it’s a jungle out there”.
The prizes included cash, TVs and other electronics and all-expense-paid stays at other Sandals or Beaches Resorts.
With much to celebrate, the event’s guest speaker, Pastor Stanford Simon reminded the team to avoid complacency and to choose the uncommon path, “Think to yourself, how can I qualify myself so that I can become more effective and efficient? You must sharpen yourself to become the instrument of change.
What you are learning within Sandals is preparing you for the change; the understanding of becoming all that you can be. You have a purpose. There is something unique about you, use it to drive you forward.”
A total of 16 awards were presented, with Front Office Agent Antonio Allard claiming the coveted Diamond Award for the Team Member of the Year.
In his acceptance speech he thanked his family and co-workers, and reminded them there is strength in unity.
“There is no way one department in the resort can function on their own. I value each of you. Let us continue to value and support each other for all of our success,” Allard said.
The other winners were:
First RunnerUp (Team Member of the Year) – Shanell Findley Telesford, Butler
- Manager of the Year/MVP – Derena ‘Ginger’ Tate Brady, Photoshop Manager
- Supervisor of the Year/All-Rounder – Anthonette Raymond, Housekeeping Supervisor
- Sandals Foundation Sentinel – Nikita McVean, Island Routes Tour Specialist
- Island Routes Ambassador – Nikita McVean, Island Routes Tour Specialist
- Department of the Year/A-Team Award – Maintenance Department
- Legendary Award – Candice Horsford, Bartender
- People’s Choice – Chervy John, Houseman
- Heart of the House – Dominic Charles, Steward
- Pace Setter Award – Kellon Maximay, Chef
- Earth Guardian Award – Kenneth Joseph, Grounds man
- Circle of Joy Award – Evan Frederick, Room Technician
- Mover and Shaker Award – Christine Frank, Laundry Attendant
- Standing Ovation Award – Elisha Francis, Income Auditor
- Money Maker Award – Anne Marie Mason Tait, Watersports Administrator.