St. John resident Matthew Joseph, this morning received his Instrument of Appointment to sit in the Senate from Grenada’s female head of State, Governor General Dame Cecile La Grenade at her official residence.
The instrument paves the way for Joseph, a retired teacher, to be sworn in on Wednesday at a sitting of the Upper House of Parliament.
The ceremony was attended by Joseph and three other persons including his daughter and Opposition Leader, Tobias Clement.
Since Covid-19 struck the island in March 2020, officials in Grenada have been limiting the amount of persons attending State functions as part of Social Distancing protocols in the fight against the deadly virus.
According to a well-placed source, within minutes of leaving the Governor General’s residence in the south of the island, the ex-school teacher who is now into farming was in session with the Clerk of Parliament, Andrew Augustine to facilitate his entry into the house.
The Office of the Leader of the Opposition released to THE NEW TODAY the following curriculum vitae on 66 year old Joseph:
Name: Mr. Matthew Joseph
Address: Florida, St. John
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary School: Florida Government School
Secondary School: St. John’s Christian Secondary School
Tertiary: Grenada Teachers College
- Agriculture- Science
- Religious Studies
A Level – Economics
Certificate: Education from UWI (University of West Indies)
Training: 4H (Georgia in the United States of America)
- Certificate of Appreciation Present For Outstanding and Dedicated Service ( 4-H)
- Service & Dedication from St. John R.C. Primary School (2015)
- Service & Dedication from Florida Government School ( 2010)
- Community Builders Organisation – 2010
WORK EXPERIENCE: RETIRE (TEACHER)
38 Years – Teacher
Florida Government School, – (1976 -1985) Teacher
St. John R.C. School – (1985 -1996) Teacher
Florida Government School – (1996-1999) – Acting Principal
St. John R.C. School – (1999-2015) – Teacher
Group Part of:
- Manager of Florida All Stars Orchestra Band.
- Retire Teacher Association member-Presently
- Secretary for the National 4-H movement in 1989
- Member of Executive of GUT- St. John
- Member of GRENCODA
- A registered farmer of St. John